The mission of ECHO is to empower individuals with disabilities to achieve their optimal level of personal, social and economic success. ECHO is a nonprofit that offers lifelong support for adults with disabilities. We provide skill building, job placement, day support and transportation. Our services empower individuals to be active members of the community.
ECHO was established in 1974 and began serving adults with disabilities in 1975 by offering vocational training, community integration, and comprehensive disability employment. ECHO provides services from our Leesburg, Virginia facility, as well as on-site at businesses throughout Northern Virginia.
AFFILIATIONS & ACCREDITATIONS
- Equal opportunity employer, complying with federal and state laws concerning nondiscrimination, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Approved vendor for the Loudoun and Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Boards for vocational and day support services.
- Licensed by the Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS).
- Approved vendor for the Virginia Department of Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS).
- Qualified provider of the Intellectual Disability Home and Community Based Waiver Services (Medicaid Waiver) through the Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS).
- CARF accredited for Organizational Employment Services and Community Employment Services: Job Development, Employment Supports, and Employment Planning Services.
- Non-profit designated by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) organization. Your donations are tax-exempt to the fullest extent allowable. Please see your tax advisor for further details.
- Governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.
- Community Employment Services: Employment Supports and Job Development
- Employment Planning Services
- Organizational Employment Services